Wednesday, September 28, 2011

2012 Horse, Chicken and Barn Cat Calendars are Here!

I am so excited. Just picked up the first run of 2012 Large Wall sized calendars from my printer in Menomonie, Wisconsin. They are all crisp and have that new paper smell.

This years offerings are HORSEPLAY, BARN CATS, and CHICKENS-LIGHT AND DARK.










You can find them on my Etsy site:    http://www.etsy.com/shop/barbaraobrienphoto or if you are close by I will hand deliver them to you just so we can have a cup of coffee and catch up with each other.

It was so much fun deciding what to shoot and what to put into the calendars this year. The little yellow chicks in the Chickens - Light and Dark calendar almost didn't make it. Lucky for me they were hatched the day I had to turn the artwork over to the printer. Kevin was outside doing chores when he spotted the mother hen with her brood and told me to come quick. We quickly locked up the cats, (who would happily had the chicks for lunch) grabbed the baby chicks, set them on the hay bale, and got the shot. We then put the Momma hen and her babies in an old calf hut with a gate across the front so they could grow a bit bigger before turning them out with the cats.

FUN!









all images © Barbara O'Brien Photography We are located in the beautiful rolling hills of western Wisconsin but have camera and will travel. Images are available for reproduction. Please e-mail or call with intended usage, size of print run, distribution. Barbara O'Brien Photography 612 812 8788 cell 715 448 3456 home barbara@barbaraobrienphoto.comPublish Post

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Having just discovered you through your etsy store this morning, I am already hooked! Your photography is stunning and I'm so glad to know that I am not the only one who takes tons of photos of her birds and other assorted critters....of course, yours are far superior! :) Much success to you, I'm following along with your blog!

Barbara O'Brien said...

Why thank you, Christina!